Wednesday, February 23, 2005

: Debugging VB.NET Applications (February 15, 2005)

: Debugging VB.NET Applications (February 15, 2005)

ebugging VB.NET Applications (February 15, 2005)

Posted: February 16, 2005

Please note: Portions of this transcript have been edited for clarity

Introduction

Andy Q (Moderator):
Welcome to today’s chat. Our topic is Debugging VB.NET Applications Questions, comments, and suggestions are welcome.

Andy Q (Moderator):
We are pleased to welcome our Experts for today’s chat. I will have them introduce themselves now.

LisaFeig (Expert):
Hi. My name is Lisa Feigenbaum. I'm a Program Manager on the VB Team. I work on the editor, debugger, VB profile, and starter kits. I look forward to chatting with you.

DVerma_MS (Expert):
Hi! I am Deeptanshu Verma (just call me Deep), and I am a QA in the Visual Studio debugger team.

ScottNo (Moderator):
Hi, I'm Scott Nonnenberg. I'm a Program Manager on the Visual Studio debugger. You can find my blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/ scottno. Have you tried out debugger visualizers yet?

Start of Chats

DVerma_MS (Expert):
Q: VB.NET What options do I have to select or references to add to debugger? This stuff works fine when executed with no Breakpoints. Trying to Debug, however, i = Form.ActiveForm.Height gives me the “System.NullReferenceException – Object
A: Hi! This is a strange error and I cannot repro this. Could you please tell me more about the app? I used a VB Winforms app, added a button, put this code in there, set a bp on and after it and could hit them successfully. Is the difference in the repro scenarios only setting of the debugger or is it possible you are running different versions of the exe in the debug/nodebug cases?

ScottNo (Moderator):........

No comments: